Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Terry Gilliam's DR. PARNASSUS already look stunning, and they're no where near completion


It's said that when you walk into a Terry Gilliam film, you know what to expect. Well, I expected greatness when I watched THE BROTHERS GRIMM, and what I got was...
But then you have to remind yourself that this is Terry "TIME BANDITS" Gilliam and he's been working on a little flick since last year titled THE IMAGINARIUM OF DR. PARNASSUS. Starring the late Heath Ledger, whose role is then continued by Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell. This film seems epic, much like how many Gilliam's usually seem in concept. Just by my impressions of the artwork and previsualizations, it feels like METROPOLIS or CALIGARI. Still a year until its release. I'll keep you posted, as always.

No comments: